As COVID-19 and flooding continue to impact our community, a coalition of philanthropy, government, educational, and business partners have come together to provide a collective response to disasters in Midland County.
This site serves as a centralized disaster resource hub for the community. Here, you can learn updates on COVID-19 and flooding news, volunteer opportunities, ways you can help and more.
Needs are being assessed minute by minute with the Midland County Emergency Management team. At this time we are working to register people for volunteer alerts so that help can be deployed quickly and efficiently as needed, please click the button below to sign-up. If your group or organization needs volunteers, please fill out our volunteer request form.
To aid in providing short-term and long-term resources please consider a donation to United Way of Midland County or the Midland Area Community Foundation.
CORPORATE SUPPLIES DONATIONS
For corporate donations, please fill out this survey to help us efficiently connect the resources where they are needed most.
INDIVIDUAL & CORPORATE SUPPLIES DONATIONS
If you wish to donate supplies please contact Beth Sorenson-Prince at 989-631-3670 to learn what items are currently needed and make arrangements for delivery. For furniture and clothing donations please connect with The Salvation Army, Home to Stay Housing Assistance Center, Habitat for Humanity ReStore, or Goodwill.
If you are in need of life-threatening emergency assistance, please call 911. Click the button below to view current flood updates for Midland County. For other non-emergency resources please contact 2-1-1 directly.
Residents seeking assistance must apply through FEMA before September 8, 2020. The information previously collected from flood victims by the County for damage reporting is not submitted to FEMA.
To register for assistance go to www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). Disaster assistance applicants, who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should contact 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), contact 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice.
If you need a computer or internet access to file for FEMA assistance please visit:
First United Methodist Church
315 W. Larkin Street, Midland, MI 48640
- Tuesday: 8 am – 12 noon
- Wednesday: 4 pm – 8 pm
- Saturday: 9 am – 1 pm
Access the building on the Larkin Street side (signs will be posted). Parking is located across Larkin Street in the City Hall lot or in surrounding public lots. Computers, wireless internet and printers will be available for residents to access their online documents needed for federal assistance and the FEMA application.
Jerome Township Hall
737 W. Beamish Rd, Sanford, MI 48657
- Wednesday: 8 am – 12 noon
- Thursday: 4 pm – 8 pm.
- Saturday: 9 am – 1 pm
Computers, wireless internet and printers will be available for residents to access their online documents needed for federal assistance and the FEMA application. This location is offering wireless internet access from the parking lot which allows for residents to stay in their vehicles and use their own devices
WHIRLPOOL DISCOUNT APPLIANCE SALE
Saturday, August 1 | 9am-5pm
Sunday, August 2 | 9am-3pm
Midland Mall (Former Younkers Store)
Whirlpool Corporation in partnership with United Way of Midland County will be selling more than 400 deeply discounted appliances. The sale is open those impacted by the flood and all community members in the Great Lakes Bay Region. Products include Maytag®, Amana®, KitchenAid® and Whirlpool® brand ovens, ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and washers and dryers. There will also be several KitchenAid® Small Appliances offered at exclusive prices.
• Masks are Required!
• All products purchased must be picked up during sale hours.
• Appliances can be delivered within a 15-mile radius during the weekend of the sale for $100 per appliance
• Delivered at a later date can be scheduled on-site at the sale for those impacted by the flood
• Cash and credit cards will be accepted for payment. No checks will be accepted.
• No early sales
If you are displaced due to flooding and need housing assistance, the following housing resources are available:
Michigan Realtors Flood Relief Fund Application
Rent and Mortgage Assistance for those displaced. This relief will be good for a one-time payment of up to $1,000 per household. The deadline to receive applications is August 1, 2020. Please note that funds will take approximately 4-6 weeks to process
United Way & Home To Stay Rent Assistance
United Way has partnered with Home to Stay to provide short term housing assistance to those impacted by the flood. This includes help with security deposits, first month’s rent along with rent assistance for up to six months, based on financial need. Assistance will be prioritized for those living in poverty, ALICE and the many whose life circumstances have radically changed as a result of a historic flood and global pandemic. To find a solution for stable housing call Home to Stay at 989-496-9550
For basic needs, supplies, and other resources please visit one of these centers. Additional resources will be added as the long term recovery process continues
- Sanford Senior Center (offering personal hygiene kits and cleaning kits), 3243 N. West River Road, Sanford: M-F, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Greater Midland Community Center (Senior Wing), 2205 Jefferson Ave, Midland: MWF, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- West Midland Family Center, 4011 W Isabella Road, Shepherd: M-TH, 9:30 am – 3:00 pm; F, 9:30 am - noon
- Greater Midland North Family Center, 2601 E Shearer Road, Midland: M-F, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
The following hotels are also open for those needing a place to do laundry:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, 506 East Buttles Street, Midland, 989.631.7100
- Call the hotel front desk to schedule a time to use their self-service laundry room
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott, 800 Joe Mann Blvd., Midland, 989.837.2700
- Hotel laundry room is open from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM every day
- A self-service laundry room with a washing machine and dryer is available for use
- Please bring your own laundry detergent and fabric softener
SHOES & SOCKS RESOURCE
For free shoes & socks please contact Great Lakes Pharmacy at 989-835-7911 Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm
HEALTH & WELLNESS INFORMATION
- LOCAL MidMichigan Health
- STATE State of Michigan Information and Hotline
- FEDERAL CDC
- MENTAL WELLBEING TIPS Midland County Wellbeing Task Force
- MENTAL HEALTH HOTLINE MI Hope Portal
- FREE! VIRTUAL WELLBEING COURSE The ROCK Discover You
For additional help with basic needs click the 2-1-1 logo on the top of the page to search or talk to a representative.
- FOOD RESOURCES
- UTILITY ASSISTANCE
- INDIVIDUAL RELIEF ASSISTANCE
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES & UNEMPLOYMENT
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- UNEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE
SUPPORT FOR ESSENTIAL WORKERS
- CHILDCARE Essential Workers needing child care due to COVID-19 please fill out this request form or contact Midland County ESA. Program Director, Barb Monroe, at 1-517-336-3767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kim Clark, Director of Early Childhood and Family Services at 989-492-7702 x1188 or at email@example.com.
- HOTEL DISCOUNTS FOR ISOLATION Great Lakes Bay Regional CVB
SUPPORT FOR BUSINESSES
- Midland Business Alliance Resources
- Midland Small Business Loan Information & Application
- Federal Small Business Loans Information